Meeting increasing demands
Charities are facing increasing demand and requirements from the Charity Commission coupled with frequently changing Legislations from Regulators.
Therefore, there is the constant need for specialist accounting and financial advice for organisations within the Not-for-Profit sector.
As the sector is a rapidly changing landscape, bound by more regulatory and compliance requirements than other sectors, the need for specialist charity accountants is no longer an option.
At NEWHSL & Co, we have specialist advisers that can guide you through the muddle, helping your organisation to save valuable time, resources and remain compliant.
Our qualified and committed team of charity and social enterprise Business Partners have the experience and expertise to fully understand the complex and regulatory accounting needs of your organisation.
Our specialist services to charities include:
- Accounting and Book-keeping - Online and Onsite support
- Year End Accounts preparation and submission to all regulators
- Assurance services - independent examinations
- Management accounts and financial reporting - on quarterly basis
- Quarterly overview and support - for Book-keepers and Voluntary Finance Workers
- Systems set-up and support - both Online and Desktop
- Strategic reviews and budgetary planning
- Internal control procedures, and risk management - Support and Policy Development
- Reserves policy and accounting for separate funds and projects
- Setting-up a new organisation: regulatory, taxation, and governance issues
- Payroll services
- One-to-One Training of - Finance workers and Treasures, and Induction of new Trustees
- Charity taxation - including VAT, charity trading activities
- Gift Aid management
Why use our Charity services
- Personal attention: as every client's needs are unique, you are treated with special attention to your individual agreed requirements.
- Set Up time: we can set you up and running within days.
- Response time: our promise to you is your work will be completed and delivered according to agreed timetable. No buts, no ifs...!
- Fixed price: our fixed price, payable by monthly direct debits, gives you the absolute peace of mind in planning your budget, enabling you to take control of your finances.
- Value-for-service: due to our service delivery approach, we are able to pass on part of the savings that we make as a result to you.
- Service guarantee: because we are confident of the high level of services we offer, coupled with our Professional indemnity insurance, we can offer you a FULL REFUND, or just PAY what you think the service offered you is worth.
- Expectations: we won't rest until your expectations are fully met.
Accountants Report & Independent Examinations
Charity Law requires most charities to carry out an external scrutiny of their accounts. If a charity is not required by law or its governing document to have an audit, then the trustees may choose a simpler and less expensive form of external scrutiny called an Independent Examination (IE).
An IE is a simpler form of external scrutiny than an audit but it still provides trustees, funders plus other key stakeholders and the public with an assurance that the accounts of the charity have been reviewed by a competent independent person – the examiner.
For financial years ending on or after 31st March 2015, trustees may opt for an IE provided their ’s gross income threshold is £1 million or less or where the charity’s gross income exceeds £250,000, and its gross assets are £3.26 million or less.
At NEWHSL & Co, we are well placed and qualified to provide you a cost-effective IE to charities in England as specified by The 2006 Regulations.
In compliance with the Charity Commission’s guidance to Examiners - CC32, our IE services include:
- A review of Eligibility and Governing documents
- The actual IE within the context of CC32
- Management report to the governing Board - where appropriate
- Submission of approved accounts to the Charity Commission