Monthly Archives: January 2017

Companies House & Corporation Tax

This article provides an overview of both, Companies House and Corporation Tax as these two go together. Companies are incorporated first, and then they become liable for Corporation Tax with all the additional obligations this implies.

Companies House

By law, all businesses in the United Kingdom that are incorporated must be registered.

Companies House is the Registrar of Companies for READ MORE

Sole Trader or Limited Company

Do you prefer profit or dividends?

The difference between these two types of income lies at the heart of the distinction between a Sole Trader and a Limited Company.

Here is an illustration:

If you made £50,000* profit, would you prefer to declare all of it as income and pay £13,310 to HMRC, or pay yourself a very small salary, take out the remainder as dividends and save £2,321?

OK, so saving £2,321 is great but what if it came at the price of quite a bit more bureaucracy and READ MORE